It is NOT recommended to have both the User Mode installer (.exe) and Windows Installer (.msi) versions of Studio on the same machine.
The UiPath Platform installer (
UiPathPlatform.msi) enables you to install the entire UiPath suite. However, please note that the UiPath Orchestrator component is not displayed if you do not launch the installer as an administrator from the command line and if IIS 7+ is not installed on the machine.
Studio is installed at the following location -
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio. You can change it by making use of the command line arguments.
After reading and accepting the terms of the License Agreement, the following Advanced options are available:
- UiPath Studio - Installs Studio. This option is enabled by default.
- UiPath Robot - Installs the Robot on the local hard drive. This option is enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
- Register as Windows Service - Installing the Robot as a Windows Service or in a user mode. By default, the Robot is installed as a Windows Service.
- Install local activities feed - Created the local activities feed, in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packagesfolder, by default. This option is enabled by default. Having the activities packages locally is useful if you do not intend to connect your Robot to Orchestrator, or you want to have a better control of the activities used in an automation project.
- Automatically start client - Starts the Robot tray at Windows startup. This option is disabled by default.
- Java Bridge - Install the UiPath Java Bridge for a better integration and automation in regards to Java applications. This option is disabled by default. Please note that installing the Java Bridge may cause the installation to last longer than usual. This option installs the Java Bridge only in the system drive Java folders. If you are using custom JRE not located on the system drive, you have to manually install it.
To change the default installer settings, click the button next to each feature and select one of the following options:
- Will be installed on the local hard drive - helps you install the corresponding feature on the local hard drive.
- Entire feature will be installed on the local hard drive - installs the corresponding feature on the local hard drive, along with all its sub-features.
- Entire feature will be unavailable - does not install the corresponding feature.
The .exe file enables you to install Studio and a user-mode Robot. The installation path and all other advanced options are already configured to help you get Studio up and running right away.
The User Mode installer does not require administrator permissions.